FCU's Foundation for Our Communities
|Who We've Already Supported|
|Effective Date: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018|
|Community||Total Received to Date|
Imagine saving the life of a baby that is so small his foot fits inside his mothers wedding ring.
Imagine a family being saved from a house fire because the daughter learned about fire safety from a fire safety bounce house.
Imagine a park that is now used by the community because it's playground equipment is updated.
This and many more things is what YOUR Frankenmuth Credit Union Foundation for Our Communities has, and is, doing in the communities we all live in. Your foundation has been able to help provide funding that is truly making a positive impact around you. Sure, Frankenmuth Credit Union could have gone the easy route and paid all our members patronage dividends ranging from $.10 to $25, but what impact would that have really made on your pocket book? What would have been the best way to calculate how people should get paid out? Instead those dollars were used to fund your foundation. You, and the rest of the owners of Frankenmuth Credit Union, are saving lives and improving communities - and that my friends, is something to be proud of.
The Frankenmuth Credit Union Foundation for Our Communities is a source of grants to promote the betterment of all of our communities. Applying for a grant is easy.
Some of the criteria for our FCU Foundation for Our Communities include:
- Will give consideration to organizations that meet the IRS guidelines for non-profit organizations (i.e. 501(c)3 and/or 502(c)4)
- Must serve a need within Frankenmuth Credit Union's (FCU) field of membership.
- Supports charitable purposes which further the betterment of the communities served by FCU
- Consideration given to entity/member request with established relationship with FCU
- Targeting 30% of funds dispersed for youth-related purposes, 40% of funds dispersed to community-related purposes and 30% to other
- The foundation board will meet once a quarter.
- Applications must be received by March 15, June 15, September 15, or December 15. Applications can be mailed to: Frankenmuth Credit Union, Attn: Marketing, P.O. Box 209, Frankenmuth MI 48734 or dropped off at any Frankenmuth Credit Union office, attention marketing.
- Funds can not be used for current general operating or maintenance expenses
- Funds cannot support one religion over another and cannot support one certain political representative, party or cause.
- Will not fund individuals, except in the case of scholarships.
- Applicants may be asked to present in person to the FCU Foundation for Our Communities board
Upcoming quarterly review meetings presently scheduled:
October 31, 2018
January 24, 2019
April 30, 2019
August 13, 2019
Go to main navigation