FCU's Foundation for Our Communities
|Who We've Already Supported|
|Effective Date: Monday, February 27th, 2017|
|Community||Total Received to Date|
|Here is a list of the organizations we have helped to date: Denmark Twp Fire Dpt., Birch Run Township Parks, Lakeville Schools, PRIDE Saginaw, Tuscola County Christmas Caring Tree, Thumb Animal Shelter, Food Bank of Eastern Michigan, MORS, Great Lakes Bay Region of the United Way, CAN Council, Impact Saginaw, Alzheimers Assoc., Frankenmuth HIstorical Assoc., Made in Michigan Film Festival, MS Society, Trinity Lutheran School Reese, Millington Schools, Juniata School, Junior Achievement of NE MI, Frankenmuth AM Rotary, Immanuel Lutheran School Child Care, Saginaw Chamber Perc Breakfast, Relay For Life, Frankenmuth Legacy Ball, Reese Adventure Club, Frankenmuth Farmers Market, Impact Saginaw, Saginaw Area Jaycees, Priority One - Operation Tanzania, St. Michael's Passion Drama, 4H Livestock Grants, FCU Scholarships, Munger Volunteer Fire Department, Frankenmuth Community Ed, Saginaw Sports Hall of Fame, St. Lorenz Lutheran School, Reese School District, Frankenmuth Parks and Rec, Reese Chamber of Commerce, Trolley Line Trail North Bike Path, Covenant Health Care Foundation, and Tittabawassee Fire Department|
At Frankenmuth Credit Union we know the importance of being community focused and have always been proud of the active role our board and staff have taken in positively impacting the communities we serve in our volunteer hours spent, our monetary contributions or our involvement in civic groups. We always work towards making a difference. The Frankenmuth Credit Union Foundation for Our Communities is just another piece of our community re-investment initiatives and is a source of grants to promote the betterment of all of our communities. Applying for a grant is easy.
Some of the criteria for our FCU Foundation for Our Communities include:
- Will give consideration to organizations that meet the IRS guidelines for non-profit organizations (i.e. 501(c)3 and/or 502(c)4)
- Must serve a need within Frankenmuth Credit Union's (FCU) field of membership.
- Supports charitable purposes which further the betterment of the communities served by FCU
- Consideration given to entity/member request with established relationship with FCU
- Targeting 30% of funds dispersed for youth-related purposes, 40% of funds dispersed to community-related purposes and 30% to other
- The foundation board will meet once a quarter.
- Applications must be received by March 15, June 15, September 15, or December 15. Applications can be mailed to: Frankenmuth Credit Union, Attn: Marketing, P.O. Box 209, Frankenmuth MI 48734 or dropped off at any Frankenmuth Credit Union office, attention marketing.
- Funds can not be used for current general operating or maintenance expenses
- Funds cannot support one religion over another and cannot support one certain political representative, party or cause.
- Will not fund individuals, except in the case of scholarships.
- Applicants may be asked to present in person to the FCU Foundation for Our Communities board
Upcoming quarterly review meetings presently scheduled:
January 24, 2017
April 18, 2017
August 15, 2017
October 17, 2017
Go to main navigation