Moving to MasterCard®
We are always looking for ways to improve our offerings and service for our Frankenmuth Credit Union members. For this reason, we will be converting all of our credit cards that are presently Visa® cards to MasterCard® in September 2016. We are working diligently to make this transition as easy and seamless as possible for you our members.
Credit Card Conversion Update 9/12/2016:
We are aware of some processing issues related to the credit card conversion and are working diligently to get them corrected as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Why are we switching?
Upon careful review of our credit card programs, MasterCard proved to be a more innovative service provider for the credit union. Several of the benefits of MasterCard can be found here. MasterCard cards will work just like the Visa cards do, and are accepted worldwide. Plus, once we convert in September FCU members can control and protect their own credit cards right from their smart phone, just like you do your debit cards now, through the CardNav app.
What you need to know:
- Keep using your Visa credit card.
- You will receive a new MasterCard card for each Visa credit account you have with FCU between June and October 2016. If you prefer to make the switch sooner – you can contact us at (989)497-1600 to issue a MasterCard right away.
- Your Personal Identification Number will change. You will receive a new PIN in the mail.
- If you use your Visa card for reoccurring payments, please notify all your merchants with your new card number and info.
- Your new MasterCard will feature a new card number and expiration date. The credit limit and interest rate will remain the same. If you would like your limit increased, we welcome you to contact us at (989) 497-1600.
- There will be no impact on your credit reporting - the change in brand will not impact the history of payments or date the line was opened.
- After conversion, FCU credit cards will work on Apple Pay.
What happens to my reward points I currently have?
If your present FCU credit card earns reward points and you have some outstanding, those will be transferred over to your new card and new rewards program upon conversion. FCU's new rewards program will allow you the same flexibility of redeeming points when you want, but the new program will have a richer array of options.
Go to main navigation