Frankenmuth Credit Union Go to main content Search
Home > Personal > Loans > Dispute Credit/Debit Transactions

To dispute MasterCard Credit or Debit Card Transaction(s)

Before filling out dispute form:

Please contact the merchant. We are required to verify that you have attempted to contact the merchant to dispute the transaction. Many times the merchant is willing to refund fraudulent charges if they are contacted. While speaking with them take notes on the number called, the name of the employee you are working with and what they have told you. If a dispute still needs to be submitted, all this information is required to be included in the dispute description. Please provide as much information as possible.

• If you are claiming this is a fraudulent transaction, we may require a police report to submit with the dispute.  We will attempt to work with the merchant to verify how the transaction was authorized.  Merchant may have voice recorded authorization, video surveillance footage and/or verification of the IP address from where the order was placed.

• If you are disputing a charge that was supposed to be canceled, please provide proof of cancellation. This could be a cancellation number, an email sent to the company or even a screen shot of when the phone call was placed. Anything that shows there was an attempt to cancel the transaction will work.

BEWARE OF “Free Online trials.” These are online companies that will offer a “free” product, plus a small fee for shipping and handling, usually around $4.95. If the trial is not canceled within a certain time frame, they will continue to charge you each month, around $89.00, until the trial is canceled. They do provide terms and conditions that state this information and by providing your card number,  you have agreed to it. The best way to try to get a refund is to send back the product and work with the company.

Please read through all options on the dispute form carefully and check the box that applies most accurately. 

dispute formdispute form

Billing Rights Summary

In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Bill:

If you think your bill is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction on your bill, write us (on a separate sheet) at the address shown below as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first bill on which the error or problem appeared. You can call us, but doing so will not preserve your rights.

In your letter, give us the following information:

    • Your name and account number.

    • The dollar amount of the suspected error.

    • Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error. If you need more information, describe the item you are unsure about.

You do not have to pay any amount In question while we are investigating, but you are still obligated to pay the parts of the bill that are not in question. While we investigate your question, we cannot report you as delinquent or take any action to collect the amount you question.

Special Rule for Credit Card Purchases:

If you have a problem with the quality of goods or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may not have to pay the remaining amount due on the goods or services. You have this protection only when the purchase price was more than $50 and the purchase was made in your home state or within 100 miles of your mailing address. (If we own or operate the merchant, or if we mailed you the advertisement for the property or services, all purchases are covered regardless of amount or location of purchase.)


Go to main navigation