Introducing EMV® Technology: The New Standard in Card Security
Credit, debit and ATM cards with a gold foil looking box on the front of the card are starting to emerge. Cards with this gold "chip" are embedded with what is called an EMV chip. EMV chips have been protecting consumers around the world from fraudsters for a number of years. Now the technology is becoming the new standard for security here at home, as well. Because Frankenmuth CU keeps your security top-of-mind, we are working hard to bring EMV to our FCU cards also. When you receive an EMV-enabled card, here's what you need to know:
- EMV transactions provide another layer of fraud protection, on top of all the security measures already in force.
- Soon your Frankenmuth Credit Union cards will include both the EMV chip and the conventional magnetic stripe, enabling your cards to work at all merchants that accept cards.
- It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 to use your card at an EMV-equipped merchant, simply:
- Insert the chip end of your card in the EMV terminal
- Keep the card in the terminal, follow the prompts and enter your PIN or select CREDIT.
- Remove your card, take your receipt - and possibly sign a copy if you selected CREDIT.
- If you travel abroad, carrying your new card will let you make transactions easily at thousands of merchants where EMV is required.
Want more details on EMV? Read our FAQs, click here.Go to main navigation